Friday, December 23, 2016

Dec. 23, 1943

Dear Mother,
      Just one night before Christmas Eve. But as
for Christmas spirit to me this year it might
just as well be fourth of July. It doesn't seem like
Christmas at all.  It will just be another day here
for us.  I would love to be with all the folks
back home this year but it is impossible.  I will
be thinking of you this Christmas.  It will be my
second away from you.  I hope all the rest of them
will be there with you.
      As usual news are scarce.  We keep on with
the same old work. Once in a while something
new and interesting comes up and then it gets
to be the same old routine.
     Received my first copy of the Metamora Record
today.  It is good to get a paper from home.  I have
found a lot of enjoyable reading in it.  I hope it
continues to come to me.  Hope I begin to receive
a few letters. I know everyone is writing.  It will
arrive after the Christmas mail rush is over with. I
can't find anything to write about to anyone.  I hope
everyone doesn't get mad at me for not writing.
Goodnight for now.                        Love Ralph.


The next letter will be posted on December 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment