Wednesday, August 30, 2017

England. Aug. 30, 1944

Dear Mother & all,
        Gosh time sure does
fly.  It seems just like I have
written to you this week already.
     I have been receiving my
mail quite regular lately. Cliff
and Marie are certainly doing
there share of writing lately. I
think I am receiving more letters
now than when Irene was
writing all the time. I received
a letter from her today. I guess
it is for the best. Both of us
are wasteing the best part of
our lives now. I hope she
will be happy.  It hit me hard
at first, but I think now it
is the best thing. After all it
has been a long time since we

since we have seen each other
and I know both of us have
changed a great deal.
        Marie says you have been
feeling a great deal better. I am
certainly glad of that. I hope you
soon get back to normal again.
       Gosh, mother, there isn't
much news to write about. It
is still the same here. Plenty of
work is all I can say about
it. The news you hear about
is good news to, but as you
know they must have our
work behind them, to keep them
going. I know we are doing
our part of it.
       I had a very nice letter from
Audrey the other day. I sure can't
write as long and as newsy a
letter as she did. I guess there

just isn't that much to write
about.
       Well I guess this is about
all for this letter. Please write
as often as possible. Goodnight
for now.
                           Love Ralph.


The next letter will be posted on September 4th.

Background Information (and comments):
  • Both of Ralph's sisters-in-law mentioned in this letter (Marie & Audrey) continued to be great letter writers (to each other). I remember visiting with my Aunt Audrey and having her share news that Marie had written her in their weekly letters to each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment