Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 28, 1944.

     Just to let you know I am ok and everything
is fine. Haven't heard from you for quite awhile now.
I hope some of the letters will be arriving soon.
I have been receiving some of Irene's back letters
lately. Some of them are three weeks old already.
   This new address is just a formal change I guess.
   How is everything back home now? I bet everyone
is getting the spring fever notion now. I have
had it the last few days. Let the rest of them know
of my change in address, also the papers. Please
write soon. Goodbye for now.   Love
                                                         Ralph.

The next letter will be posted on April 3rd.

Background Information (and comments):

  • This was a V-Mail sent on a NOTICE OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS form (see below). The previous address was APO 638. The new one is APO 149. Despite being written on March 28 and censor stamped on March 29, it was not postmarked until April 4.
  • APO 638 was used for those stationed in Sunninghill, England.
  • Then I found this on the internet about APO 149; I'll let you draw your own conclusions.
    • APO 149, assigned to HQ, IX Air Service Command, was established December 1, 1943.

      Sunninghill, England          February 10, 1944
      Creil, France          September 26, 1944
      Luxembourg City, Luxembourg     April 27, 1945
      Erlanger, Germany          August 13, 1945



No comments:

Post a Comment