Thursday, May 17, 2018

Belgium May 17, 1945

Dear Brother,
          Well I think it is about time
I was getting a few lines off to you
again. I have been neglecting you
lately but somehow I just can't find
much to write about. In your trips
to Toledo do you ever see anything
of Irene or Irma? Do you see any
of their family? I was just wondering
and thought maybe you would run
into one of them somewhere. You don't
need to say anything about it, but
I know who and how we were
broke up now. I think you can
make a good guess yourself.
     How did you celebrate VE day?
I did a little celebrating myself. A
little to drink and we met a

a couple of A.T.S. girls. (English Wac). We
had a very good time. Now it is all
over and back to work.
    I suppose you are busy now. Well
keep it up. Its going to take a lot to
feed this world.
      It really is to bad about Aunt
Susie. I just wonder how Morgan took
it. I would like to get to England and
see him, but I guess it is impossible.
Well this is about all for now.
Write when you can.
                                Your brother
                                        Bill.


The next letter will be posted on May 21st.

Background Information (and comments):

  • This letter was written to Ralph's youngest brother, Freeman. He was living in Addison, Michigan at the time.
  • Ralph's full name was Ralph William and many people, like his brothers, called him Bill throughout his lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment