Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 3, 1943

Dear Mother,
          I received your letter with the check
enclosed. What was there with the check? I mean
was there a letter of any kind with it? This
is a dividend check. I have been sending my
dividends right back in again. This is the
first time they have sent one like this. Will
you send me the other information?
          Well mother I am not feeling and to
well tonight. This morning we received three
shots two in the right arm and one in the
left. I think I have a little fever now. I have
been working tonight and just got off from work. A
lot of the fellows got sick and had to quit.
Some even passed out when they got them. Even
the officers had to take them. They are oversea
shots, don't worry we won't be going for


quite a while though. So don't worry. The situation
looks like it won't last so much longer.
          I haven't sent my camera yet. I have
it wrapped up but haven't had the time to mail it
yet. Has my letters been coming through ok? I
got a letter Irene wrote Sunday and she said
she hadn't heard from me for sometime. I have
been writing everyday. She has only been home
once since Christmas. I guess it is kinda tough
without me there for her to get home now. Her
and Irma are moving in with a woman, whom
they have been riding to work with her husband.
He has to leave for the Army Saturday so he wanted
them to stay with his wife. Her address will
be Glasglow Rd. Sylvania, but she forgot to tell
me in c/o whom.
          Well mother I have received one stripe. I am
a private first class now. So address my mail
P.F.C. tell the rest I have busy and there is
hardly anything to write about or that I can
write about. It is awlful muggy and hot here
today. It rains and is foggy. I got your pen
at Baileys drug store. Goodbye for now. Write
    soon. That is a drop of sweat there. Goodbye
for now.
                                              Love Ralph.


The next letter will be posted on February 8th.

Background Information (and comments):


  • This is an example of an immunization record of a WWII soldier that I found on the internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment