Thursday, September 17, 2015

Parks Air College East Saint Louis, Illinois Sept. 17, 1942

Dear Mother,
               Just out of school and
I have some good news. Our instructor
told us our next base would
be at the U.S.Army Depot at
Patterson Field. Fairfield Ohio.
This is about 14 mile from Dayton
so I guess my wishing to get
stationed there didn't fail me.
Maybe I will be able to get
home more often now. I hope
so anyway.
          The whole class was
expecting to get sent to Texas.
Gosh it will seem good to live
in Ohio again. I suppose we

move on Sunday. We have two
more nights of school and then
Sat. we graduate. Everybody hates to
leave this place because the extra
money we received here sure
come in handy.
          Well nothing important
has happened here this week.
We are doing a lot of studying
this week to get our study over
with. Well I must get to bed.
          Thought I would let you know
where I would be stationed at. Will
send you my address next week.
Hope to receive a letter from
you tomorrow. So long for
now.
                       Love.
                              Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment