Sunday, January 14, 2018

France. Jan. 14, 1945

Dear Mother & all,
        Snow bound. I think that
would be the classification I
could come under now. We
have about eight inches of snow
on the ground now. Last night it
blowed and drifter. It reminded
me of the weather in Michigan.
It has been almost zero for
quite a few mornings now. It
does get rather cold in our
small tent but we do manage
to keep warm.
       My mail has been very
slow in comeing through. The
last I heard from the states was
a V mail from Lenore. It was

written soon after Christmas. It
must be real winter at home
this year also. I heard about the
cold wave on the radio.
      I really can't think of anything
to write about. I haven't been
away from camp for better than
a month and one doesn't have
a thing to write about around camp.
I have taken quite a few pictures
this past week. I will send you
some after I get them back.
     Goodnight for now. Please
write soon and often.
                            Love Ralph.


The next letter will be posted on January 19th.

Background Information (and comments):

  • This letter is much the same as the one he wrote a few days ago to his youngest brother Freeman.
  • This photo is not one from Ralph, but I think it's probably what his camp looked like. This plane is a P-47D Thunderbolt. The picture was taken in France in 1944.



No comments:

Post a Comment