Sunday, June 24, 2018

Belgium June 24.

Dear Mother & Dad,
       Another week has gone by and
one less week away from home.
Enough days go by and someday
it will be my lucky day and
I will be walking in the front door.
When that day will be, no
one knows.
     Today we didn't have to
work except for a skelton crew
on the line. My buddy Pyle
had to work and I was with
him most of the day. Whenever
a plane comes in he has to
oil and gas them. Today we
had a surprise. Two German
aircraft came in. These were

the jet propelled type. They will
be sent to the U.S. for tests at
Patterson Field. One pilot was a
colonel and the other was a
German civilian. He use to be
the chief test pilot for Messer-
schmrits Airplane Co. Of course
I was helping refuel the planes
today so had a good talk with
the pilots.
      Well, I have received very
little mail this past week. I received
your letter of June 4th and one from
Lenore, and Marie. I hope I begin
to get a little more mail this
comeing week. I guess this
redeployment has it all mixed
up and they have a lot of work.

    We didn't have any church services
today. Our chaplain has been sent
home. He sure was a happy fellow.
    Well not much more to write about
tonight. It has really been hot
the last few days and showers a
little every night, and it is cool so
a person can really sleep. Those
pesky little oat bugs are here. They
are almost driving me crazy. I have
some more pictures to send home. I
want all the pictures for a scrap
book after I get home so keep them.
So long for now.
                          Love Ralph


The next letter will be posted on June 27th.

Background Information (and comments):

  • Here is what I found about planes used by the Germans and photos of each:
The German Luftwaffe fielded two of the best fighters in all of World War 2 - theMesserschmitt Bf 109 and Focke-Wulf 190. There are a total of 105 World War 2 German Fighters (1939-1945) - Fighter Aircraft of the Luftwaffe in the Second World War in the Military Factory.



No comments:

Post a Comment